View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10' 4wt Quickline

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgb View Post
Lovely build.

I have seen a few Quicklines but have not heard anything on their fishing characteristics. I have a Mk1 streamflex that I use for long line nymphing in the winter and was thinking of replacing it with a self build at some stage, so would appreciate it if you could let me know how it fishes.

regards

Vince
Vince, took a day off to fish it this week and love the rod. No top water action but I did take some time to cast dries and the rod did nicely with single and double dry rigs. Presentation was easy, landed softly and it put the fly where I wanted it. Mostly fished nymphs. Fish liked beaded stonefly nymphs and rabbit foot emergers so I fished multiple nymph rigs under and indicator. Easy to cast, toss and the extra length helped control the drift.

Sadly my first fish slipped away while I was getting ready to take the picture, but it was a nice brown. My second was this rainbow, was fishing alone so tough to get a good shot before a quick release. The rest of the fish were similar rainbows.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.