View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Have any of you ever quit fishing?

Welcome to the forum,

In answering your question, no. From the time I was a little boy I was mesmerized by moving water and my mind captivated by what secrets it held beneath its surface. I wanted to fish, I wanted that more than a bicycle. In all the years that have passed since then I've faced whatever life and or my bad choices threw at me but fishing was the regulator. It kept things in order if only for the time between when I picked up my rod until I put it away.

I've had jobs that ran my stress levels to the hilt. I was the guy who kept pressing the floor button on the elevator hoping I could make it reach my floor faster. I carried 2 cell phones and a pager trying to keep up. I've worked with people that I wanted to beat up. I've quit jobs and about everything else in life that a fellow can quit but the idea of quitting fishing never once crossed my mind, honest.

Regardless of whatever else is happening be it positive or negative, when I go fishing hope springs eternal. The past 3 trips out I have been blanked, in Alaska I have been blanked! That will not affect me tomorrow and I'll fish as if I were on a roll.

I wish you a good trip and I hope you find your mind to be a blank slate waiting for the Lake or river to fill that slate with peace and contentment.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;