View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Alligator in central Indiana

Being a conservationist I have opinions that may not be mainstream regarding what are known as exotic pets. In an age where we have a great deal of objection to government regulations over almost anything................ Some things simply need to be regulated and done so in a very tight fashion. If people who wanted to keep a Burmese Python (for instance) had to undergo the same sort of licensing and oversight as a Falconer does in order to keep a bird in the mew, there would be far less instance of this sort of displaced animal.

I know, we don't need more laws that intrude on individual rights and property ownership but you gotta look at the Pythons in The Everglades and wonder how that happened don't you? Myself, I've never wanted to keep what could be considered a harmful or dangerous specie as a pet, let alone one that could also be considered invasive.

If you want to own a giant Boa Constrictor or an Alligator, that's cool, just apply for your Federal Fish & Wildlife permit and pay the costs. That would no doubt raise a clamor with the 'pet sellers' but it would also cut way down on the number of people who take these creatures on as an impulse item only to find that they can not care for them as they inevitably get larger.

I could go on ad-nauseum but I'll stop at that

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;