View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:38 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Welcome Home! Allen's first USA made fly reel

Besides Hatch Reels, Ross machines the F1 foot as part of the housing. They are the only two I am aware of. I would be very curious to know what their "drop - bend - repair" process and rate are. I have not personally seen a damaged foot of this type but it must have happened... An alternative that is also superior to radiused and screwed is a dove-tailed fitted and screwed assembly. It provides the requisite rigidity and quality craftsmanship but also facilitates easy repair. A smooth, powerful drag, flex free spool and frame, a great handle, narrow aspect ratio and handsome looks are all extremely important but nothing is as valuable as rock solid reliability.