View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:38 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Welcome Home! Allen's first USA made fly reel

Besides Hatch Reels, Ross machines the F1 foot as part of the housing. They are the only two I am aware of. I would be very curious to know what their "drop - bend - repair" process and rate are. I have not personally seen a damaged foot of this type but it must have happened... An alternative that is also superior to radiused and screwed is a dove-tailed fitted and screwed assembly. It provides the requisite rigidity and quality craftsmanship but also facilitates easy repair. A smooth, powerful drag, flex free spool and frame, a great handle, narrow aspect ratio and handsome looks are all extremely important but nothing is as valuable as rock solid reliability.