View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 03:11 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: A few drys I tied up last night

Those parachute emergers look like killers, nice job on the biot bodies and sparse calf tail posts, great ties.

And I am big fan of the Compara-dun as well. A great tip I read from Dave Hughes I believe it was (but maybe not) is to put a couple thread wraps into the deer hair wing as you go forward...so after the body is dubbed, pull back a third of the hair and wrap through it once, then pull back another third and wrap, then go to the head. It helps keep that little wing from leaning forward...a problem I always have with small Compara-duns.

I hope you keep sharing flies...I love looking at flies! My vise is packed away as I ready for a move and I know I'll be really ready to start tying a lot by the time I get set-up again.