View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 08:20 PM

stenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fishing Terminology

Cool thread. Took a quick look through and I don't think these were in there...

--Rapala... A trout so small, that it looks like it should have a plastic lip and two treble hooks hanging off of it.

--Hole Jumper... A fellow angler that violates that invisible "fishing halo" around you and jumps in to start fishing.

--Cookie Cutter... Typical size fish for the body of water that you're fishing.

--Tree Frog... Snagging a fly up in a tree.

--The Curse... Catching a fish on the first cast. Also, some anglers refer to Trico's as the Black Curse.

--Buggy Whipping... First time out you'll see anglers that are starting their 2nd back cast before their 1st forward stroke un-rolls.

--Hacker... A beginner, fishing like a beginner (completely unfair tag... but I hear it and use it).

--Bucket... Tiny plunge pool tucked behind a rock in fast water.

--Hawg... Big, big fish.

--Tight Lines!... The angler's version of "good luck!"

--Peemer... An annoying "hipster" term for PMD's (like Pale Morning Dun needed a second stage of abbreviation).

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring