View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 05:10 PM

jloncar is on a distinguished road
Default Back into fly fishing

Hey all figured I'd throw up a post in this section. I haven't been fly fishing since 2001 when I left home for college. I grew up fishing in the Northern Nevada area. Got into fly fishing tying and all the good stuff that went along with it. Then I took a 12 year break when I left home to go to college, surf, drink beer and chase women. After college i lived in LA where I never really had time to try to go find some fly fishing areas. After that my wife moved us to the Louisville area and I did some bass fishing but was working on improving my golf game.

Luckily I ended up here in Fort Collins where I can at last get back into fly fishing. It's been a rocky road including the wife breaking my fly rod :-( multiple attempts on her end to get rid of my fly tying gear but I made it. Went out messing around over the last weekend and hooked up with a nice little rainbow on my new gear and that inner flame was rekindled. So now I'm quickly trying to get a pair of waders and boots and can't wait to spend every free day out in the bountiful rivers, ponds and lakes Colorado has to offer.