View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 09:21 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) Trip

I got the chance to take another trip to Rocky Point with my buddy Rick and had a great time.

The first two days were really tough fishing. With 25mph winds we were stuck walking the beach inside the estuary or floating a less than optimal location. The last 3 days were much better. We caught lots of Cabria (saltwater bluegills) but I also caught two species that were new for me.

The view towards the beach while floating Cholla Bay.

Click the image to open in full size.

My biggest Trigger and my first new species. This guy really made me work for it and I was very glad for the fighting but on my 8wt BVK.

The Cabria seemed to love Todd's Wiggle Minnow. I tied it on just to change things up after catching bunches of Cabria on a BendBack, but the Cabria didn't care.

Heck it seems the Triggers like the TWM also.

This is the view back towards the beach at the estuary just south of Las Conchas.

A Leather Jack, my second new species. I caught him on a friggen $7 fly (Charlie's Air Head) that I bought on a whim from Desert Sportsman. Those colors worked for me as you will see later.

The Cabria also seemed to like my Kinky Muddlers in the same colors as the Air Head.

And no trip to Rocky Point is complete without a trip to Pollo Lucas. (Yummmmm)