View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:12 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Excellent report. It looks like you had a good time. I didn't know that Triggers had such a wide range of distribution. I thought that they were a South Pacific species.

I found some info on Wiki about Puerto Penasco. It does not look like it is too far from the border, so I am assuming that you drove.

Dennis
Yes, I drove.

It is a 4 hour drive from my house.

This is the second time I have taken my friends offer to go. He has a time share there and the security of staying in a secured condo association makes it tolerable.

The first time I went with him (2012) the climate was much different than this time. There were soldiers everywhere. We drove down a road one morning towards an estuary and found ourselves face to face with ten men wearing black masks and holding machine guns. They turned out to be soldiers checking the local fisherman for drug smuggling, but turning a corner to see men holding guns and wearing masks is a bit frightening.

This time it was much more like I remember from when I was a kid. No cops, no soldiers, no stress.

It was a good time.

Oh, and the triggers. I know that in general salt water fish are stronger pound for pound than fresh water fish, but those triggers really put the boots to it.