View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 08:30 AM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Alternative usage for a fly rod?

Hah! As a life long tile contractor I will tell you (what Im sure you already know) A small sheet of plywood or backer board big enough to span several tiles can be laid on top of your work. Walking on it broadcasts your weight across it and is safe to get out on a freshly laid floor. I have laid some odd rooms where you just had to do this if you couldnt wait to come back the next day.

as for another use for a flyrod? Down in Mexico with my 10 year old son (I guess 10 years ago now) I rigged my 12wt as a noose to catch desert iguanas. Tied some heavy string to the tip-top, left a big loop out the tip and ran the rest of the sting on down the guides into my hand. Slide loop over Lizzy's neck and pull tight! AH!!! Now what?!?! I actually think a 15wt wouldve been more appropriate for ths application