View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 10:07 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
No real worries there, Flymoron. I've tied a few of them and while quite sexy to me, the fish don't seem to like them any more or less than other well known and commercially available flies. There is a lot of motion to the fly but a bunny leech has a lot too.

The thing, to me, that sets it apart is the profile that you can create with a bit of trimming. However, in the end, it doesn't really seem to equal more fish. It looks great out of the water and even in the water, but a clouser minnow will get just as many reaction strikes.

Nice fly that can catch fish? Sure. Game changer? not at all.
I covered at the fly shop yesterday while the other guys played on the Rogue. At least three guys came in for materials for that fly. One guy said it is his go to minnow pattern for bass. Others said that that have not gained an opinion as of yet.

I would like to find out how popular the fly is in a year's time. For now, it's good to see some excitement of a product for people to come into the shop.

Dennis