Thread: New Orvis CFO
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 10:58 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Orvis CFO

I didn't scrutinize the video closely when I first watched it.

However, what I did see, up close and personal, was the production of some really cool CFO's at the Abel factory.

The reels were engraved, not printed. They had a retro look and feel with a few of the modern touches. The reel foot has the cutouts like the other Abels currently have. They also have a clean machined look instead of the dull cast look of the originals. I'm pretty sure I saw it with the nickel line guard as well.

Anyway, it was designed and built at the request of Orvis for Orvis, so I'm sure nothing about it has escaped their close review and approval.

The video and photos I've seen online just don't do justice to the reels I saw at the factory. I've always liked the design of the CFO, but I like this version even better.

Cheers,

-VB