View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What is important to you when buying gear?

The Main Things I Look For Are:
1 Will it do The Job I want it for Regardless of where it's made as nearly everything these days is made in China Taiwan or Korea as I have Hardy Orvis SA Reels Made in China..
2 The size is very important.
3 How well is it made as you don't want to buy something that has been poorly made & Break down when you have a Trophy Fish on..
4 The Finish on the item although in some cases it doesn't affect The workings.
5 Is it damaged in any way probably The Most important as it also can affect The Items Operations.?
6 I also consider The Weight especially with Fly Reels which is not really important although I don't want a Reel which Feels as if I have a Brick on The end of The Rod I will be Casting for 6-8 hours.
Probably where The modern Reels have an advantage is they are mostly lighter through advanced Machining Principals than The Older ones.
7 Probably The Main one The Price am I getting Value for my Money??
If it doesn't fit all or most of The above I leave it alone.
Brian