View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 05:16 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of
Default Re: What is important to you when buying gear?

The Main Things I Look For Are:
1 Will it do The Job I want it for Regardless of where it's made as nearly everything these days is made in China Taiwan or Korea as I have Hardy Orvis SA Reels Made in China..
2 The size is very important.
3 How well is it made as you don't want to buy something that has been poorly made & Break down when you have a Trophy Fish on..
4 The Finish on the item although in some cases it doesn't affect The workings.
5 Is it damaged in any way probably The Most important as it also can affect The Items Operations.?
6 I also consider The Weight especially with Fly Reels which is not really important although I don't want a Reel which Feels as if I have a Brick on The end of The Rod I will be Casting for 6-8 hours.
Probably where The modern Reels have an advantage is they are mostly lighter through advanced Machining Principals than The Older ones.
7 Probably The Main one The Price am I getting Value for my Money??
If it doesn't fit all or most of The above I leave it alone.
Brian