View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:46 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Storage Ideas for Fly Inventory

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I hadn't thought about all the various Plano-type boxes and holders; looking over them at the local Walmart, they seem about ideal for my needs. I noticed one in particular that was two-sided, and depending upon how you wanted to configure the adjustable compartment dividers, totaled up to 20 compartments. I don't know how well it would fit into a Plano case-holding bag, however.

Frank, I'm a big fan of Cliff's various boxes. My first was a Cliff's Super Days Worth, which will hold everything I need, ranging from the smallest nymphs to streamers. However, it's a bit bulky for the way I fish now, so I'll use it for the "re-stock" box I carry along on a trip and leave in the car/motel room for refilling my other boxes later, which are mainly the smaller Cliff's Days Worth boxes which easily fit two or perhaps three to a normal vest pocket. One thing I really like about these various Cliff's fly boxes is their use of magnetic "flooring" on one side to keep my tiny tailwater midges from flying out of the box when windy.