View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 05:00 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: No-Knot Fas-Snap, have you ever used it?

Siege, you & I must have started with similar outfits! Mine was a Cortland 8 wt fiberglass outfit & it also came with those eyelets that pushed into the end of the fly line. No snaps however. Those eyelets worked fine for me too, but they had a problem with the entire leader "hinging" sometimes. They would also eventually pull loose. I think the little barbs would pull the core of the fly line apart to the point that they would lose their grip. I haven't seen those in many years either. They also allowed water to get into the end of a floating line, so it would start to sink, no matter how much line dressing you put on it. (Remember the little tins of cleaner/dressing that Cortland had?)

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!