View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 06:00 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: No-Knot Fas-Snap, have you ever used it?

Siege, you & I must have started with similar outfits! Mine was a Cortland 8 wt fiberglass outfit & it also came with those eyelets that pushed into the end of the fly line. No snaps however. Those eyelets worked fine for me too, but they had a problem with the entire leader "hinging" sometimes. They would also eventually pull loose. I think the little barbs would pull the core of the fly line apart to the point that they would lose their grip. I haven't seen those in many years either. They also allowed water to get into the end of a floating line, so it would start to sink, no matter how much line dressing you put on it. (Remember the little tins of cleaner/dressing that Cortland had?)

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!