View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:49 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: No-Knot Fas-Snap, have you ever used it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
Siege, you & I must have started with similar outfits! Mine was a Cortland 8 wt fiberglass outfit & it also came with those eyelets that pushed into the end of the fly line. No snaps however. Those eyelets worked fine for me too, but they had a problem with the entire leader "hinging" sometimes. They would also eventually pull loose. I think the little barbs would pull the core of the fly line apart to the point that they would lose their grip. I haven't seen those in many years either. They also allowed water to get into the end of a floating line, so it would start to sink, no matter how much line dressing you put on it. (Remember the little tins of cleaner/dressing that Cortland had?)
Mine was a big heavy white 9' noodle. The eyelets came on a card, and were always a rusty mess in your fly wallet. A drop of Elmers glue helped seal up the end of the fly line. For a novice without a lot of knot knowledge, the eyelet and the snap had filled a useful niche.
But that was then.....