View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 AM

runningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nicerunningfish is just really nice
Default Re: No-Knot Fas-Snap, have you ever used it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
I've tried 'em, and seems like it was harder for me to change flies or jigs when crappie fishing that I quit using 'em. I seemed to have trouble holding the fas snap and getting the eye of the hook into the fas snap making the connection so to speak.
I bought the small size yesterday and tried to hook several flies in the evening.
At first it was difficult, but then slowly I found away to connect them together.
Hopefully, I can do it properly in the fishing setup.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimarron View Post
Runningfish - I've tried the small with an #8 nymph and the snap is just too small. Now a #10 is OK with a small but I prefer the medium for that size. I have tried the small snap with a #12 dry fly and they are OK, no problem with the fly action. The medium snap is too big for #12 dry fly, I think. I always carry both sizes.
I bought the small size and had difficulties in connecting any of the fly sizes and actually had the improved clinch knot on the snap unraveled. But then I remembered someone here mentioned the palomar knots. I used that and it solved the knot problem. On the second attempt, I finally figured out how to hold the snap and the flies to connect and to disconnect them and things got easier after that.

I hooked the small snap to #12 and #10 easily. Had a difficulty to hook the #12 BH Prince, since the tungsten head was over the hook eye. Tried #8 wolly bugger and to my surprised it fit too. Maybe because the wolly buggers that I have were tied using fine wire hooks. I remembered someone saying about pressing the snap down after changing the flies, I did that with my nail and the opening gap significantly narrower.

I have a question, I am planning to use the sinker stopper to carry them http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...SELL_THUMBNAIL but I want to know how you carry yours?

by the way, I have a proposition, would you mind to trade some of your medium size snaps with my small size snap? I don't think I will be using all 30 small snaps unless I drop them into the water. Ten for ten maybe? I'll send you the postal stamp along with the snaps.

I think using these snaps will be a great help for me. One thing for sure they will make changing files easier in my UK flies rigging system for fishing deep stillwater lake.