View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 09:48 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help finding fishing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy66 View Post
In that area, Duranglers and The Caddis Company are probably the best bets. But whatever outfitter/fly shop you choose, make sure you get an old fella for a guide! The youngsters who work out there tend to be pretty arrogant show-boats who think folks are supposed to pay for "the privelege" of fishing with them.
Ken, can't speak for Duranglers but Brian Capsay with The Caddis Company in Durango is a young guy and is a terrific guide. Caught the biggest rainbow I've ever caught under his guiding (no, not the San Juan, the Los Pinos near Durango). Everything SJDrifli said about him is true. Only problem with his "youth" is that he's in a hell of a lot better shape than I am for climbing those river boulders.

I've got good things to say about Bubba Smith as well. He did a good job guiding me into trout on the San Juan under poor weather and fishing conditions. Was the most generous guide I've ever used, free with giving me extra flies he'd tied for use on my own later in the week. Compare that with most guides who'll cut their fly off your tippit at the end of the day.