View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: What is important to you when buying gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Here are my three main points.

Long term performance - I want a reel that will perform the same now that it did when I first used it. I have saltwater reels that have been going strong for over 10 years.

Maintenance - I prefer reels that require some service other than rinsing them out after a long day fishing to make them last. If something goes wrong with them, I know that I have to take personal responsibility. I have seen some issues with some maintenance free reels.

Service - I also understand that I may have to send the reel in to the manufacturer for service. It's great to know that a bearing or any other part could be replaced even though the model has been discontinued.

Like others, I do not have a lot of disposable income, but I prefer top of the line equipment. If that means that I have to put in a few extra shifts at the second job or sell some other toys on eBay, I will do that. It is nice to know that I am buying what I want.

Dennis
dennis nailed it.

casey

ARFE