View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 08:21 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What Keeps You From Going to Alaska to Fish?

Haven't been on the forum too long so I never saw this thread. I had never given much thought to Alaska previously. I have vacationed to northern MN for 25 years and my bucket list fishing trip was always a fly in trip to Saskatchewan or Manitoba, CA for Pike. But after a few months on this forum, Alaska is being considered for trout and pike.

Here is my previous knowledge of Alaska. Early in my Army career, (about 1982, I spent about a month at Ft Wainwright near Fairbanks. It was January. It almost got above 0 a couple times, and it was sorta daylight about 5-6 hours a day. I was in a helicopter unit so I did get to see some of the surrounding area and it was amazing scenery.

I've heard rumours Alaskan winters may not actually be 12 months long. I am very seriously considering my first bucket list trip be next year and make it Alaska. It will be a pike and trout tip for sure.

Last edited by ia_trouter; 11-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.