View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 11:24 PM

mtbusman has a spectacular aura aboutmtbusman has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Line for Winston Tom Morgan Favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by labtrout View Post
Interesting. Both of mine are downlockers with maple spacers. Perhaps yours was made up custom with a blank rolled earlier. But, from what I was told by Winston, yours is likely a Loomis blank.

At one point -- around 1998, I think -- I purchased a 9' 6-weight LT three-piece rod which also was an uplocker with exposed hood. I replaced it with a BIIX 6-weight when that line was introduced in 2004. I still fish the BIIX regularly, but wish I had kept the LT, which was fairly short-lived in a three-piece.
Hard to figure about the serial numbers and the dates. I still have all my original paperwork so I know the date I posted was correct.

You're not the first person to have sold an older rod only to wish he or she still had it. I recently bought a 4 wt B 2t on closeout which I expect will become my go-to dry fly rod. This was the role previous filled by my IM6. But I'm keeping my IM6. It was my first Winston rod. I saved for quite awhile to buy it, and I have so many great memories with it. The action of the rod is just classic.