View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:22 AM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all
Default Re: Give carp a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
Neat video!

They copied the start from the award winning "Once in a Blue Moon" . The coffee pot and the smoke in the chimney?
The video with the mouse fly pattern? Even my 2.5 years old daughter found it very interesting.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I had accidentally caught a large one before but never actually fished for them. I saw a couple of carps when I was out for bass in the summer. They were about 10-15FT away from me. I did try to get them to bite my crawdad flies, but they just followed it and turned. Then, there was a guy close by who gave me some instructions on how to catch them but I couldn't really understand what he was talking about. Something to do with marshmallow, corn, and seed rig, etc. I was actually glad that the carp swam away so he could actually stop and we could fish our separate ways.

Now, since we are in the topic and since that I am seeing more carps in my home water; I'd be interested in actually trying to fish them. Any proven tips on how to catch them? I am planning to use the 6wt.