View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 02:15 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I haven't been fly fishing in a while! No posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
fq,

Same here! I kinda like the omega three's in fresh fish caught in a non polluted lake.

I'm also a C&R guy, but the trout are terrible to eat, and nobody eats a stinkin' carp!! LOL

The "only time" vid is just perfect for my love for fly fishing? I'll hit the trout all winter C&R, but the thrill of these big 14" Crappie grabbing my 1/64 oz jig with 2 lb NanoFil is even more fun than a sickly carp on a 7 wt?!

I purchased a neat vacuum bag system. It keeps the fillets fresh in the freezer:

Click the image to open in full size.
Got one of those. They last longer if you saran wrap before putting them in the vacume bags. I've been hitting crappie.com for some tips. Man, its like night and day from a fly fishing board. There the big political divide is whether to fillet your fish or fry them whole. ROFL! I love it. It actually is a good site those guys are scary knowlegeable about things like bottom structure and temperture and the like. I've just been a couple of times, but I've learned a lot about a fish I ignore most of the time.