View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 07:49 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Island Bone Fish

Here's a video on the Christmas Island Special.

If you are planning on a trip to Christmas Island, tie a majority of your flies in hot orange. Use hot orange thread and UV orange Krystal Flash. The guides over at The Villages seemed to like that combination best.

Hook sizes and eyes - I use size 4 and 6 Mustad 3407 DT hooks. For size 4 hooks, I tie them with some sort of weighted eyes. For size 6 hooks, I tie them with either weighted eyes or bead chain eyes. The bead chain eyed flies come in handy when skinny water is fished.

Here is the Umpqua Feather Merchants stock photo.
Click the image to open in full size.

I hope that this helps. This is an old thread, so I was not sure if the original posters would respond.

Dennis