View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Business Member

taylorreels will become famous soon enoughtaylorreels will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What is important to you when buying gear?

Wow,

I love all the answers. It is great to know what our potential customers are looking for. We have been working our hardest to release quality products ONLY. To us quality means it will last for a very long time, not fail on the field, use quality materials, and be made with precision and care.

Many of you said USA made is important when you make a purchase. I will say that we are doing a ton of research to eventually make many of our reels here in the USA. The reason that so many USA made reels cost a premium is that the manufacturing costs here in US are extremely high. It is almost impossible to make reels in the USA at an affordable price. We dont want to be a company that uses made in the USA a marketing tool. Today a product only has to 51% manufactured in the states to carry the label "made in the USA". Part of living in the world we are in today is the impact of the global economy. Products are made from materials that come from all over the world, made by tools from all over the world, and made in factories all over the world.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread so far! We really do want to listen to the demands and desires of the fly fishing community.

Matthew