View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 09:01 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reel for 7 wt Switch rod ?

Do you plan on using the rod for Kings or Steelhead or maybe both? If you are specifically targeting steelhead and fishing them when the kings aren't in the river, you may be able to get away with a Click & Pawl like a Marquis or the SA equivalent. I fish a St. John on my 6wt switch for Steelhead.

If you're looking for a reels with drag, Lamson would get the job done. Perhaps a little above middle of the road cost wise, but high in quality, you may want consider a Galvan Rush. The drag is the same as the Torque series, which I fish for kings and steelhead can can say has plenty of stopping power.

On size, you want a reel that is at least one size up and maybe 2 but what you can get away with depends on what line you're using too. If you were considering the Rush, I'd look at the R-10.