View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 AM

runningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud of
Default Looking for a beginner switch rod

I've been tinkering about getting into the Switch rod for awhile and now I am going to take the plunge. I need some helps to choose the "right" rod and line for me. I am looking for 5 or 6 wt 11 ft switch rod for trout and bass for about $250. I don't have any brand preferences.

The intended use is for stillwater reservoirs/lakes/ponds. The depth is ranging from 2'~10' from the bank. I am mostly fishing size 4-10 streamers, wolly buggers, leeches, bass poppers <= 2/O and a little bit of the slip bobber-buzzers rig. I don't know if there is a single utility line that can cover this vast array of depths and applications. I might even going to use my 8wt Rio Outbound for single handed rod if I have to.

I've been reading about the Redington New Dually Switch rod and their new Rio Chucker line, and Rio switch line. Do you guys have any inputs about them? I heard that the Sage VXP, Cabelas LSI or TFO Deer Creek were also great but a tad higher than what I am willing to pay.

Fly shops are saying great stuffs about their stock products, but I need second opinions from this forum.