Thread: Okuma Rods
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 02:43 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Okuma Rods

I'm sure you are hoping for Okuma fly rod specific feedback, and it will probably come.

FWIW, here is my 2 cents on Okuma in general. I have owned spinning and fly gear on perhaps 5 occasions. They mostly target the low to mid level priced market. I don't think their low end stuff is any better than any other brand. If you try to buy a ten dollar spinning rod or a super cheap fly rod you are going to get about what you paid for and may not be satisfied long. I have purchased a few of their mid level reels for ice fishing, walleye fishing, and an SLV fly reel. All functioned very well and had features normally found in gear costing more. Okuma has a lot of spinning reel fans.

I would post up your fly rod budget and intended use and you will likely get some good suggestions for similar money. There are some excellent closeout deals out there on serviceable gear. Or even the particular Okuma rod you are considering.

Hope this helped at least a little.

Last edited by ia_trouter; 11-05-2013 at 06:30 PM.