View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 11:55 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is important to you when buying gear?

Quote:
It is almost impossible to make reels in the USA at an affordable price.
I guess that depends on what you mean by affordable. Tibor, Nautilus, Ross, Mako, Hatch,Waterworks and others seem to be doing alright.

Quote:
Today a product only has to 51% manufactured in the states to carry the label "made in the USA".
Only? lf 51% of everything sold in this country were manufactured in the US, we wouldn't have a whopping trade deficit nor an unemployment problem of nation crushing severity.

We don't grow the food we eat, manufacture the refrigerators to store it, the ovens and microwaves to cook it, the dishes and utensils to eat it with, the shoes we walk in, the clothes we wear, the gas we burn or the vehicles we burn it in.

There are only three ways to "create" wealth and that's to mine it, grow it, or manufacture it. Nothing else does anything but shift "money" around at best, and in our case it goes mostly overseas or south of the border.

The higher the percentage of people in a country efficiently engaged in high value-added endeavors , the greater the wealth per capita of that country. So even if all the stainless plate my stamper uses for my parts comes from Canada, the finished products I sell back to Canada have a great deal more value added and cost them a lot more than the sheets of stainless they sent here.

The MSC catalog lists tooling by specific "Manufacturer" "American Made", "Quality Import", and "Import'. So, biased as I am, as a manufacturer of a product myself, buying other Amerian Made products is top on my list - even if it's just a few left-hand screw machine drills.

Besides, there's nothing major wrong with most American Made reels.

So buying American Made products is always very high on my list.