View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random Act of Kindness - FREE 7/8wt Reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
That would be great. No hurry as the next event isn't until next year. The spring creek we take them to is stocked bows and small wild browns. Nymphs around #16 and wet flies in general typically put most of them on fish. Any generic beadhead nymphs work well enough most of the season here. Woolies are EZ for the club guys to tie and fill in the gap if the water isn't clear that day.

They did the 2013 event right before I joined so I just got to see slide shows and that really inspired me to learn to tie. Most caught fish and they were smiling like 8 year olds on their first bluegill.
Sounds good, I will tie up some size 16 nymphs when I get back home.

Forgot to mention the good Kharma I'm sending Geoff's way for the very generous act of kindness, way to play it forward!

Larry

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
My bunny strip leech pattern isn't beautiful, but they work.
Can you use them? I tie them in 2 colors, black and brown crawfish.
Let me know.
It's hard to beat how well a bunny strip leech works, the action in the water just makes it too irrestible for the fish!

Larry