View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 10:24 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lamson Konic Reel

I would be concerned using the larger models on larger game. I used a Waterworks ULA 3X for Striped Bass in the local rivers and Baby Tarpon and Snook in the Northern Yucatan. These fish ranged from 2 to 25 pounds. I felt that the drag system could use a bit more stopping power. In higher settings, the drag jerked a bit.

The drag system on the Konic uses the same drag system as most of the Lamson and Waterworks models. It does not use the same cone and bearing as the Waterworks ULA Saltwater/Spey specific reels. The bearing and cone on the ULA S/S models are larger.

As a trout reel, the Konic is a great value. The drag system is more than adequate (it's pretty darn awesome). The only things that one sacrifices are machining quality (it's cast then machined) and finish.

MP