View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Cast Like A Pro

dougm will become famous soon enoughdougm will become famous soon enough
Default British Columbia

I have gotten to fish BC a lot in the past few years. In my opinion, it is the best trout and salmon destination anywhere. It offers all 5 species of Pacific Salmon, Steelhead, Dolly Varden, Bull Trout, Rainbow Trout and Cutthroats. There is also a growing saltwater fly fishery for Ling Cod, Black Sea Bass and a bunch of other sportfish. Only Alaska also has this mix, the difference though is that in BC all of the species can often be found in close proximity. BC also offers the advantage of a favorable currency exchange between the US and Canadian dollar, allowing you to do a little more for a little less. Another great plus is that Vancouver is the gateway to most BC destinations, and it is a beautiful city with great parks, food and museums allowing a good mix of urban and wilderness adventures on one trip. www.anglingbc.com has a wealth of information. I host fly fishing trips to BC every July and September for both trout and salmon, feel free to Email me at WGSFlyfish@aol.com if you would like details.