View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 12:15 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Classic Action Outfits- SAGE LL, SAGE RPL, WINSTON GVX

I am moving to the land of spey rods and so I'm selling off a few rod/reel outfits that will not see much action.

These are being sold as outfits as the rod, reel and fly line are very balanced to the action of the rod. If someone wants me to part out an outfit I will certainly consider offers.

A few words about the quality of my equipment. I take very good care of everything I own, I cringe when I see someone set a reel on the gravel to line a rod. You will find all of my reels in amazing condition free of dirt or grime. All of the rods are cared for with clean cork and reel seats.

Shipping prices are dependent on the destination. Buyer to pay actual shipping charges with reels and rods shipped in two parcels. Payment is via PayPal with items shipped once payment indicates complete. International buyers welcome, I have shipped items all over the globe from Israel to Australia.

1- SAGE 590LL, SAGE 505L, Scientific Anglers Trout Stalker Textured WF5F line. Fantastic condition classic 2 piece 9' 5wt Light Line series Sage rod comes with rod tube and sock. Manufactured in England by Hardy this highly collectible, sought after Sage 505L reel is in mint condition with a Sage leather case. The fly line is the SA Trout Stalker and has been used about 3 times. Outfit price is 600USD.

Click the image to open in full size.

2- SAGE 390RPL, LAMSON LP 1.5 LITE, Scientific Anglers Mastery GPX Textured WF3F line. Top condition 2 piece 9' 3wt RPL Sage rod, comes with a rod tube and sock, reel comes with a Simms reel mitt. The Lamson reel has a few small nicks but is otherwise in amazing condition. This is a great western dry fly rod as it handles bushy dry flies like a champ. Small nymphs and woolies are no problem either. The SA Textured line has about a dozen trips on it, great line with tons of life left. Outfit price is 350USD

3- Winston GVX 7'6 3wt 4 piece, Hardy Lightweight, Scientific Anglers Trout Stalker Textured WF3F line. Another fantastic condition rod- Super light, soft classic action Winston rod that is perfect for small flies and small water. Paired with the Hardy Lightweight, this outfit makes a classic combination. Outfit price is 400USD.

4- Hardy Lightweight Spare Spool- new without box. Price 75USD

5- J. Ryall. Classic design and very smooth. I am not certain the model number on this reel but it balances well on 9' 4 or 5 wt rods. This reel comes with two center caps- one in gunmetal and there other in brass and wood. There are a couple small nicks on the finish but is otherwise in excellent condition. Price 100USD.

Last edited by russellb; 11-15-2013 at 09:19 PM.