Thread: Indoor practice
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Indoor practice

The "practice" rods we use are Albright 9'/#5 graphite rods with a medium fast action. I load them with RIO Avid lines and 7' leaders tapered to 3X. These same rods are quite serviceable to fish with...with more tuned leaders of course. I acquired a dozen of these outfits but, as an individual, any of your second tier rods and any old correctly matched line will do as we are working on casting not fishing. When I lawn cast in preparation for a trip, I will use my intended rod and line but that is different from indoor practice casting. I have tried the "yarn" rods and, no, they are an insufficient substitute.