View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 02:09 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Members Please Read

Hi All,
New on this site. I got out of another because they suddenly won't let me post because of my MSN acct!
I've been fishing flys for about (geez! has it really been??) 20 years and I've been tying for about (gulp!) 15. Seeing the numbers like that really makes me think I should be better at both. My epiphany came early while I was really still learning to spin fish. Fishing way too heavy tackle and garden hackle, my wife and I were blanketed by a blizard hatch. All the trout, bass and panfish were having a field day on top and my bait was being ignored on the bottom. I was very frustrated because even as a tyro, I could tell I had the bait in the wrong place. A few years later I handicapped myself with one of those horrible Shakespear composite 7 weights and started up a steep learning curve.
From what little I've seen of this site so far it looks like a good one! I'll be around!