Thread: my first cast
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 07:15 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: my first cast

Welcome to the forum. I also can't see the video due to privacy issues, but your last sentence sums it up well enough to draw some conclusions that it probably wasn't the prettiest of things to watch.

That is OK though, in time, it will become something to see.

In order to get there the fastest, K.I.S.S. Don't worry about a double haul, single haul, or any other haul at this point in the game. You are trying to win a race but you haven't even learned how to walk yet. Worry about the very basic cast and timing at this point. Start with with a goal of 20' of line....then 30'..then 40....then 50. I am guessing by the 30 mark, you will start to ask questions about the line ending up in a big pile, wondering what that cracking sound is on your back cast, or why your arm muscles are hurting. Let's get those issues worked out before we start worrying about hauling.

In a few months time, you will shocked at how much easier casting becomes and how much easier, and effective, things like hauling becomes.

Last edited by brookfieldangler; 11-21-2013 at 09:08 AM.