Thread: my first cast
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 11:15 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my first cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by srestrepo View Post
Hello all. I want to start by expressing my gratitude for all of the information I've learned from you all. When I'm in a position to contribute, I'll certainly return the favor. In any case, this is literally my first cast. Im not even quite sure if it's considered a double haul or not but I I have no one to teach me what im doing right or wrong.

Im basically mimicking motions I've seen on youtube. If anyone wants to comment constructively or offer advice, its highly appreciated.

For anyone wondering, this is a 4 pc 9ft 6 weight reddington crosswater combo. I'm in the Westfield river just outaide of Westfield, MA.

YouTube

I also can't see the video but I can see the a single frame above. From that it looks like you are keeping your hands together as you cast. That is a mistake. I suspect that when you take the rod back for the backcast, you are moving your left hand with the right.

Because you have moved your left line hand toward the fly rod, the line between your left line hand the first stripping guide on the fly rod is slack and there is a bit of slack between the next two guides. There should not be any slack fly line between the line hand and the first guide unless you are shooting fly line.

Change the video so we can see it and more help will be forthcoming.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy