View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default For those new fibergalss rods, a Light Weight Reel;

I bought a reel a long tome ago because I was going to build a 3 weight fiberglass in 6'6" or so. Truth is that I don't need any more 3 weight rods here in Alaska and I never bought blanks.

If you are eyeballing an Epic or Kabuto rod and are wondering what might make a good vintage American reel with left or right hand retrieve this may interest you.

I have a 'New' 1979 Martin MG-3 complete with extra spool and leather carry pouch. The Manual - the warranty card, and original box in good order also.

I paid a high price for this little reel and believe it is worth it if I were going to put it on a fine handcrafted lightweight rod.

Click the image to open in full size.

These reels have a good little check system in them suitable for small stream fish.
I have another of these but my original is not like this one. This one is new, never been lined or mounted to a rod as far as I know. I have to get what I paid plus postage for it and will send it to a buyer for 135 dollars, I'll include the postage in that cost. I paid 122 plus postage when I bought it.

It is a fine example of this reel and rare to see in a complete set almost 35 years after production. It is spotless and a classic, not for everyone but I thought to offer. It is not a bargain unless you are looking for a classic reel in new condition.

Ard

Last edited by Hardyreels; 11-21-2013 at 08:52 PM.