View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 12:48 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xmas fishing in Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
Hiring a guide will be a dead wish in my wife's ears and a double dead wish with the in laws. At this moment 1/2 day DIY fishing is all I have if the schedule stays the same. And considering the uncertainty nature of it, I won't be bringing the 6wt anymore and will just bring the switch 5/6.

Tough luck.
Upper Snoqualmie (sp?) river right below the HUGE falls; toss in Tokel (sp?) creek that enters the river right below the falls. If the water's high, fish the creek. VERY HEAVY FLIES (chartreuse and white); almost a Tenkara fishing situation as this thing is only a few feet wide. Fish will be right at your feet. Here the 1hander is what you need.

At high water the fish will pull out of the main river and nose up into the creek. In the high flow situation, with a 6wt, you are waaaaaay under-gunned!

Been years since I've been in the area so someone feel free!