View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 07:30 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rio Switch Chucker Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa cope View Post
Jaybo, I'm with you, the Chucker is definitely geared more towards swinging. The strait switch is better at nymphing, but I think the Chucker is the more versatile of the two. I've ran both 5 & 10' of t-11up on the tribs and it really sings with the 10 footer.
Ben, i think that you would be pretty safe with the 7 wt 465 gr. for the Dually. You won't have any problem feeling it load, plus your not maxing out your window. Practice makes perfect, or in my case just good enough to catch fish! Tight lines, Jeff.
Jeff, I agree, the Chucker is certainly more versatile and was really really well suited for swinging. I fished a 5119 TCX that sure felt like it was laced with T14 and what a cannon! Now that I give this more thought and have read your comments, I'd agree, the 465 would be the way to go because if you're going to swing, you're adding some mass through the tip. That way, when indy nymphing, you get a little bit more delicate presentation and still plenty of mass to get the line out where it needs to be. My disclaimer is that I don't know much about the Dually other than it's a new rod that seems to be getting a good amount of praise, especially given the price.

PS, if you like the Chucker and want to delve into running lines and heads, give Airflo Rage Compact a try. Really, really sweet line!