View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 10:58 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rio Switch Chucker Impressions

The piece that's pretty important that I don't have experience with is the Dually. From what I've read it is just as pa cope described, not a broomstick and as such I have to agree that going with the 465 will be a good match. If you want to swing, get some T-tips and you should be golden, but the line itself will allow you to turn over double nymph rigs with an indicator and plenty of lead.

Like I said, I have the Rio Switch line on my 6110 and it does excel at double nymph indy fishing. Swinging flies, not quite as much. The Chucker is as cope described, more universal for fishing those two applications. I'd think if I were going to buy one off the shelf line with integrated running line to swing or indy nymph with, this would be the one. Hell I'm damn near talking myself into replacing my switch line just typing this LOL.

Steve Godshall can undoubtedly get you the right line too if you want a custom cut line.

Ben, rather than buy another spool, I'd suggest going with running line and heads. It's going to be cheaper and easier to carry around than another spool or reel for that matter.