View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 03:37 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rio Switch Chucker Impressions

I just got back from my first switch practice with the Beulah Classic 5/6 setup with the Saltwater Rio Outbound 8wt single hand 330 grain while the Chucker #6 is still in the mail.

I must tell you it was very difficult to load the rod with it, I managed to get "good" casts when I put the slip bobber, but not with straight polyleaders. I guess the bobber helped to create more drag and that loaded the rod better. The Outbound however was great for overhead single hand casting, but you need to double haul belgian cast with 60ft line up in the air.

Something really weird happened as well. I am a right handed, but I cast better with my left hand. The anchoring was better and the shooting also better than my right hand. Maybe because my right hand is used to fast rod and the Beulah Classic is more like Medium Fast.

I hope that the Chucker will be in before next weekend so I can try it and build up the confidence.

in summary, Rio Outbond not good for spey/switch but good for 1 hand cast.