View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 02:27 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Low End 9'5wt

As you mentioned, an all around rod that does everything well is a tall order, but much of that is also dependent on the caster too. I'd opt for a fast action rod for big water, but if I were fishing smaller streams, that fast action might be frustrating. Your middle of the ground selection of the medium fast action Approach may very well be the best compromise.

My first significant purchase of a fly rod was a Sage Launch and that purchase fed an addiction. It was a lot of rod for the money, it cast well and I really liked fishing with it. Eventually I wanted to upgrade and it's now relegated to the back of the pile but I've kept it. Many of the entry level rods don't have the high end components of the next steps up but they serve the purpose very well.