Thread: Bamboo project
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 04:53 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bamboo project

Nice pics, looks like a fun project. If the seat works for your reels I'd keep it. The grip looks good and it is nice to preserve the rod a bit even if you have to re-wrap it etc. It is a cool looking seat, though I also prefer wood inserts, there is something about holding onto the history a bit.

You mentioned two tips, but only one is good shape. Do you have the tip top from the second tip? Do they match?

When you get guides check out Original Snake Brand guides. Don't require prep and the feet sit flat on the blank, ideal for bamboo. You can get stripping guides to match but I'd either preserve the original or get a similar one.