View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Party Is Over...............

I have admired the Tundra for years Casey. I wanted an old one but they are hard to find in good shape and when you do it'll cost a lot. I found the one here as a leftover 2012 last October and got it. They are the powder crawling machine for sure. The wide track will walk on anything, pretty amazing.

Yamaha is still selling a Bravo but they are about 5K and I got the new LT for 7, so I took the suspension over the old style Yamaha. They are the same as always, the Bravo, not much in the way of bump control. Honestly for a 77 mile one way ride I needed something bigger than a 250 cc machine, the Tundra has a 550 fan motor with reverse.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Nice ride!

I know what you mean by losing daylight, having an hour stolen by daylight 'savings' time didn't help. Head to work in the dark and home in the dark is not fun. Time to tie some flies and order a fiberglass blank
Hey Willian,

You posted while I was writing to Casey

I just ordered tying supplies for Tubes on Friday and they will be here by Tuesday maybe. They are coming out of the Caddis Fly Shop in Oregon I believe............ Anyway, yes, tying and I'm going to give my Hardy Salmon Rod a face lift, the 1981 rod. I may put larger guides on it and re-varnish the whole thing after. Also looking to do the same to my old H&I 7'6" five weight bamboo. It needs some love but I've always been reluctant because it's a one tip rod. I figure that since I never broke it in 20 years I will fix it up and be even more careful

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;