View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: How to make The Braided Connector For Your Welded Loop Spey Line;

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
More good tips! The best part of this system is it's so versatile; no spare spools with various sinking lines, just differ the lengths of butt material and lead head material for each situation. Thanks again,

John
That is the kicker John,

I used to think I needed extra spools and lines but since 1994 I haven't used sinking lines or tips. Except for a short while when I was learning with my first 2 hand rod. I had bought a Spey line which had 4 tips with. It was a nightmare when you had the 15' type 6 sink tip on. At that point I got out my old leader wallet and put on a floating line and one of my old lead heads.

Since then I gave the multi tip line away and have had a lot more fun casting.

The system is the ticket for single hand rods also.. That's where I started with them and you can find one on all my reels. The braided connector came about when I noticed that my leader butts were cutting the welded loops on the lines. I only use the loop connector if there is a welded loop on the line. If there is no welded loop I make a standard braided loop and attach it to the line.

The sizes of braid seem to be:

20 pound braid for 2/3/4 weight lines
30 pound for 5/6/7/ lines and

50 pound for big lines like 9 - 12

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;