View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Light for Night fishing

I just use an inexpensive "Rayovac 3 in 1 LED headlamp", but took out the middle strap that runs over the top of the head so i could wear it around my neck. I think it was around 16 bucks and runs on 3 AAA batteries (included). Some other models that run on bigger batteries (and more of them) can turn you into a bobble head after awhile and it can be hard to find replacements if the batteries are something unusual.

It has a red LED as the first "on" switch (which I like a lot since it doesn't seem to spook fish or ruin night vision), then a white close up, then a bright white Krypton light for distance. The head of the lamp can pivot up and down 90 degrees, so it's pretty adjustible.

Maybe the Petzel you already have could be worn around your neck if that would be easier?

mark