View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: best shooting line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
I don't know much different but I am using Airflo's shooting line and it did me just fine. I hear really good things about Steve Godshall's Mendmaster line if you prefer fly line and your fishing requires lots of mending.
A +1 here for Steve Godshall's custom cut lines. Nothing out of the box, each is made for a specific rod (action/length/etc). Won't cost you a penny more than something off the shelf but you have 'your line,' not one of a thousand.

That said, Steve's most noted for this 2hander line builds; he takes the 'spec's' even further with those builds. You can get them just as heads, full integrated lines, or just the running line to put behind a head system. With the two handers a great thing to do is have him put a section of different colour line at the top end of the running line. These will be a few inches longer than the rod length (over hang out of the rod tip) and the colour change will come right at the top of the cork handle.

For your next cast (2hander) you just strip in the shooting head to the bottom of the colour change (give or take an inch) and you're good to go. None of this staring up at your rod tip BS.

fae