View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:36 PM

gr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura aboutgr8outdoorz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Swap #1 - Streamers - Round Two!

Well guys, I am sad to say I blanked with everyone's streamers (including mine) this past weekend We had some family come visit while we were camped and didn't get to fish as much as we wanted, but we really enjoyed hanging out with my brother and his fiancee as we don't get to spend much time with them.

We were finally able to sneak out on the water for a couple hours on Sunday though. After swinging and drifting my swap flies for about an hour, and not seeing any signs of feeding, I made my way upriver to the hole Kristen was on. When I made it to her, and entered the water, I noticed a midge hatch starting as the surface film was loaded with pupa hanging in the film and emerging from their shuck. Since she had not had any bites either, I slapped her on a #20 zebra midge in matching color and continued fishing my streamers. About 5 minutes later I hear "FISH ON!" from her direction so I headed that way to net it. As soon as I netted it, my only thought was "WOW what a beautiful fish!!" We didn't measure it but my net opening is 22". She got the first (and only) fish of the day so she was thrilled that she finally out fished me shhhhh...don't tell her I was happier than she was

Even though I didn't catch any, I am actually happy with myself for sticking to fishing my new streamers. There were a few times I almost broke down and put on a midge. However, since I fished all of them I was able to pick up small nuances of each fly that will come in handy later.

Here are a few pics Kristen & her beautiful rainbow

Working her hole
Click the image to open in full size.

Check out these colors!!

Thanks again guys for all the flies!

Carlton