View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pike / Muskie fishing

I think you may be the one with the problem. Every single time I posted the Reynold's Pike fly you devote an entire post on how much you think is wrong with it, followed by "Buy my book." Any disagreement with your ideas send you over the edge. i.e. your last post. And there has been much to disagree with like the notorious short striking musky clan and the stinger hook bologna. I can't find a single person who agrees with you on that one. I wish you could have seen the look on the face of the last Lake of the Woods Musky guide I told that one to. If you go back and look at all of the threads this has gone on in, you can see who has the problem. Start by reading these posts from the start. I posted on this thread followed by you and your entire post being devoted to why the Reynold's pike fly stinks. You didn't say "Prefer" or "I'd rather". You said Avoid and don't use. Do you feel Barry Reynold's persecutes you also? On a previous subject, I just tied a couple of tube flies so I could try circle hooks. I tied in a thirty pound mono loop on the top back of the fly so the tail wouldn't "foul the hook and ruin the effectivness" of the fly. In fact the one and only time it did foul the hook was following a collision with something behind me on the back cast. That may have been the source of the fouling. I tied them on brass tube which make the fly pretty heavy, but I didn't need to eat extra wheaties. I had a couple of misses. One was to deep to see and the other was real small and may have missed the hook. I'm not sure I can blame the hook for either miss. I had one fish get the fly really deep and hang the hook at the junction of gill and bottom of the mouth. I used a twist melt knot to loop to loop the hook on. I backed it out through the gill plate and pulled the rest out the way it went in. It didn't even have the point buried. I would need to try it some more before I have a good opinion either way on circle hooks for flies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reynoldstube2.JPG (45.1 KB, 61 views)